Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trouble Halfway

So I have made it halfway, just over 1000 miles. Feels like a good accomplishment, but I am not done yet.
I got off the trail this past weekend as one last opportunity to spend time in Blacksburg before the big push through the second half. It was a really good time, but I intended it to only be a weekend off the trail.
Two weeks ago I walked through a stretch of the trail where for about two days we were constantly brushing our legs against grass overhanging into the trail. I would do thorough tick-checks at night, and pulled 5 off me during this time. When I woke up in the middle of the night this past Friday with a fever and body aches, I knew what this probably was. I am currently being treated for a tick borne disease, and am hanging around my house in Baltimore until my body recovers enough to get back to hiking.
The goal is still to walk to Maine, but I will only be able to do as much as I am able to do. Going to try to get back on the trail this Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment